Friday, June 8, 2012

This next school year will be my third year of teaching first grade. I am very excited to be staying in the same place next year and working to improve my craft. I am looking forward to taking time to plan and organize this summer after the whirlwind of this past year which included a cross-country move. I am really thinking about how to best manage my centers or stations during my Literacy Block and Math Instruction. I am also going to find a better way to teach writing because I really have a hard time balancing small groups with stations or centers and the direct instruction or workshop time my students need to become great writers. Not to make my wish list too long, but I'd really like to plan more integrated STEM or STEaM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math) projects. I'll start sharing ideas soon. Right now I'm learning how to make my blog look cuter and having fun doing it!

No comments:

Post a Comment