Friday, June 8, 2012

Why Teach Forward?


I believe our mission as educators should be to prepare our students for the world of tomorrow by teaching them the essential skills they will need to be successful in our dynamic, global society.  I have taught grades K-4 over the past 15 years in both urban and suburban regions from coast-to-coast in English Language Learners (ELLs) and General Education settings.   

My goal is to help educators work together to achieve the important task of providing all of our students with rigorous and relevant instruction that builds on the work of those who came before us.  By working together and sharing, we can help more students set and achieve high learning goals. 

I have wanted to start a blog for years, but was waiting until I felt I had something new and amazing to share.  I'm not there yet because I'm still learning and I think I always will be.  If something I share here can help an educator reach their students in a new way, encourage teachers to try new and different ideas, highly engage their students or just be inspired as so many others have done for me, then I will feel successful.

Thank you for joining me on this journey.  I hope it will be a wonderful adventure for us all!

No comments:

Post a Comment